Celebrating, Educating

Law Enforcement Day Brings New Experiences to AHS

Celebrating%2C+Educating

AHS held its third annual Law Enforcement Day for criminal justice students to enjoy hands on activities that parallel the academics covered in the courses, last Thursday.

Members of Alvin PD, Alvin ISD PD and Alvin volunteer fire department participated by sending members of the forces to volunteer their time and expertise to AHS students.  All participating students were able to view multiple units on the school grounds and spend some time talking to career professionals. All students in the law enforcement classes attended and assisted witht he event that was  coordinated by criminal justice teacher, Olga Caballero.

” It’s always exciting to see the community support active learning,” Caballero said. “To see the students work hard and witness them actively learning to understand careers that interest them is so amazing.”

I enjoyed the activities from Law Enforcement Day,” sophomore Natalie Moreno said. “It was neat to discuss things we learn in the class with the officers.”

The officers were happy to spend time out of their normal schedule working with students to build a relationship between law enforcement and the students.

” We work in the greatest profession there is, and we get to share it with the students,” AISD officer Chad Fontenot said.